root and in-addr.arpa zone transfers

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sat Sep 12 08:24:15 UTC 2009

On 12.09.09 09:27, Michael Monnerie wrote:
> Every other point is OK, but I don't understand this one. They are all
> hierarchical, what's the difference with .in-addr.arpa?

while there are many manual mistypes in root and other domains, there are (nearly) no
mistypes in .arpa and in-addr.arpa domains since these domains are
accessed by software and miskates here are unlikely to happen
(of course sw can have bugs but authors would soon notice it doesn't work).

Christian Science Programming: "Let God Debug It!".