Class B Rev Zone?

stefan novak lms.brubaker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 14:12:21 UTC 2009

> yes, it's possible. However that would be a HUGE zone and if you made any
> mistake, the whole zone would not be accepted and updated. Those are reasons
> you better should split it into /24 alias C-class zones.

ok. the zones are generated from a script so it should be OK.

> "rndc reload 64.10.in-addr.arpa" should do the job and only it (won't
> reload all other zones).

with rndc reload it works. the wired thing is that I have always used
killall -HUP named and it always works. first time with this zone that
it doesn't matter.

> How long did you wait until you queried the server?
> And, did you query THIS server?
>
> What do logs say?

The logs says nothing. So as there is no update of the zone. Just
waited a minute or so.

kind regards,
Stefan