SERVFAIL on Dig DKIM Record

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Thu Sep 24 16:41:05 UTC 2009

The info from the zone itself is always considered "better" than the
same information from a delegation, so named is going out and trying to
fetch it. When it encounters the SERVFAIL it passes it back to the invoker.

If you want to see the delegation record, put a +norec ("no recurse") on
the dig command line. That prevents it from going out and fetching anything.

                                          - Kevin