Bind-9.6 and Heavy Cpu Load

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Sun Sep 27 12:06:45 UTC 2009

If this was an existing installation and the CPU load suddenly increased
you might want to check where the queries are coming from.  Not so long
ago I found what appeared to be a brute force attack on DNS server by
sending the same queries over and over from the same range of IPs in
Romania.   Blacklisting that range resolved the issue.