Query Refused problem

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Wed Sep 30 23:31:16 UTC 2009

Have you read the documentation that describes what allow-query does?

            <varlistentry>
              <listitem>
                <para>
                  Specifies which hosts are allowed to ask ordinary
                  DNS questions. <command>allow-query</command> may
                  also be specified in the <command>zone</command>
                  statement, in which case it overrides the
                  <command>options allow-query</command> statement.
                  If not specified, the default is to allow queries
                  from all hosts.
                </para>
                <note>
                  <para>
                    <command>allow-query-cache</command> is now
                    used to specify access to the cache.
                  </para>
                </note>
              </listitem>
            </varlistentry>

            <varlistentry>
              <listitem>
                <para>
                  Specifies which hosts are allowed to get answers
                  from the cache.  If <command>allow-query-cache</command>
                  is not set then <command>allow-recursion</command>
                  is used if set, otherwise <command>allow-query</command>
                  is used if set unless <command>recursion no;</command> is
                  set in which case <command>none;</command> is used,
                  otherwise the default (<command>localnets;</command>
                  <command>localhost;</command>) is used.
                </para>
              </listitem>
            </varlistentry>