problem with notifies

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Thu Apr 1 13:06:42 UTC 2010

The CentOS stuff is built from RHEL sources so the basic repositories
wouldn't have a newer BIND base package than RHEL.  However, as noted
previously the RHEL provided package includes backports of later BIND
base versions for bug and security fixes.

Of course you can always install a later BIND by getting the source and
configuring/compiling your own.   On RHEL one might resist this since
RedHat's support is for the one they provide but on CentOS there's no
support so no reason not to go ahead and move to the later version of
BIND.

I'd recommend you uninstall the existing BIND rpms before doing that
though so that a future yum update doesn't overwrite your build.   (Of
course you'd also want to save your named.conf, zone files etc... before
doing such a removal so they don't get deleted.)