Load Balancer for DNS

Greg Kuechle greg.kuechle at sasktel.sk.ca
Mon Apr 5 15:22:28 UTC 2010

Hi Sasa,

For load balancing caching DNSs, you should try using anycast. When using
loadbalancers you may(I did) run into capacity issues.

Take a look at the quagga software package. It works great for load
balancing.

I have used both switches and anycast, and anycast is the way to go. Using
anycast is cheaper than buying a load balancing switch, quagga is free.

Greg.