How does load balancing operate on >1 forwarders

Jonathan Reed jreed777 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 14:06:34 UTC 2010

bind 9.6.1-P2.

I've dumped it to its file.
$ sudo rndc dumpdb
$ cat named_dump.db
; Unassociated entries
;
;       10.0.0.3 [srtt 610620] [flags 00002000] [ttl 1721]
;       10.0.0.2 [srtt 16654] [flags 00002000] [ttl 1721]
;       10.0.0.1 [srtt 375289] [flags 00002000] [ttl 1721]

So I can assume that srtt with the lowest value has the best metric? And the
ttl of 1721 is the timeout of 1.7 seconds? Am I reading that right?