Resolving .gov w/dnssec

Timothe Litt litt at acm.org
Thu Apr 22 15:55:24 UTC 2010

So, others are also seeing this, and it's not unique to bind or my corner of
the internet.  Thanks.

It seems to have been going on for weeks, so it isn't going to fix itself.

Who do I report this to so that it gets resolved?

FWIW, I tried +vc - from here, it doesn't help.  Also, one sometimes gets
SERVFAIL - and once in a while, it actually resolves!

As for the "make work project" and "less stability" comment -- it seems
likely to me that if DNS packets are being mishandled, others are too --
just not as visibly.  So DNSSEC may well be an over-due network diagnostic;
fixing these sorts of problems could equally well reduce retries, delays and
other mishandled fragments for other protocols. I'm not ready to blame the
indicator for the underlying problem.  At least until we get to a
DNSSEC-unique root cause.

This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.