one record to be redirected to a specific IP

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Fri Apr 23 20:59:18 UTC 2010

On 04/23/10 08:15, hugo hugoo wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I plan to use BIND as caching DNS.
> But I need to could redirect a specific record to a specific IP.
>
> How can I do this?
>
> This redirection must only be applied for one record.
>
> Ex:   a query for www.ABCD.com <http://www.ABCD.com> must be answered by
> the IP I have choosen.
>
> The redirection must not be applied on all the domain ABCD.COM
>

> Can you help?
> Can you give an example of config file to do this?

You need to create a zone for just that record.

In named.conf:
zone "www.abcd.com" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/namedb/master/www.abcd.com";
};

For the file line above replace the path to indicate where your actual
zone files are stored.

In the zone file, you would do this:
$TTL 3h
www.abcd.com. SOA localhost. nobody.localhost. 42 1d 12h 1w 10m
	; Serial, Refresh, Retry, Expire, Neg. cache TTL

	NS	localhost.
	A	1.2.3.4

Hope this helps,

Doug