new IPs for our name servers problems

Michael Dilworth dilworth at upstreamsystems.com
Thu Aug 12 10:08:42 UTC 2010

many thanks to all for your help

mike

2010/8/12 Torsten <toto at the-damian.de>

> Am Thu, 12 Aug 2010 12:58:54 +0300
> schrieb Michael Dilworth <dilworth at upstreamsystems.com>:
>
> > hi
> >
> > many thanks for the help and apologies for my ignorance. The parent
> > zone here would be the .com ? how does one go about updating the
> > delegation in this?
> >
> > mike
>
> You need to contact your registrar (Register.com) to do this for you
> (unless they provide you with an end-customer self-provisioning
> interface).
>

> Ciao
> Torsten
>

> > On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
> > <uhlar at fantomas.sk>wrote:

> > > updated

> > > % dig any upstreamsystems.com @a.gtld-servers.net
> > > [...]
> > > ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
> > > upstreamsystems.com.    172800  IN      NS
> > > ns1.upstreamsystems.com. upstreamsystems.com.    172800  IN
> > > NS      ns2.upstreamsystems.com.
> > >
> > > ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
> > > ns1.upstreamsystems.com. 172800 IN      A       89.221.36.20
> > > ns2.upstreamsystems.com. 172800 IN      A       89.221.36.30
> > >

> > > you must update the delegation in parentzone as well
> > > --
> > > Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar at fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
> > > Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address.
> > > Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT akukolvek reklamnu postu.
> > > 10 GOTO 10 : REM (C) Bill Gates 1998, All Rights Reserved!

Mike  Dilworth

Upstream S.A.
Mob     :  +30-697-283-4750
Office  :  +30-210-661-8500
Direct  :  +30-210-661-8521
Fax       :  +30-210-661-8550

www.upstreamsystems.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE
The information in this e-mail and any attached files is CONFIDENTIAL and
may be legally privileged or prohibited from disclosure and unauthorised
use. The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those of Upstream
S.A. It is intended solely for the addressee, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering such materials to the addressee. If you have
received this message in error please return it to the sender then delete
the email and destroy any copies of it. If you are not the intended
recipient, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and/or publication, or any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance upon this message or its attachments is
prohibited and may be unlawful. At present the integrity of e-mail across
the Internet cannot be guaranteed and messages sent via this medium are
potentially at risk. All liability is excluded to the extent permitted by
law for any claims arising as a result of the use of this medium to transmit
information by or to Upstream S.A.