bind 9 - lwresd - lwres_getrrsetbyname, load balancing doesn't work

nati shauli nati_shauli at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 08:27:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

I run a bind name sever as lwrsed and use
lwres_getrrsetbyname to resolve a domain name,

But for some reason I always get a the records in the same
order (priority).

When I bypass the lwres_getrrsetbyname  and use
nslookup to resolve a domain name, the daemon returns the records in the order

I set by adding rrset-order option to the configuration file.

Do you have a clue what could be the problem?

Is it possible that the light weight resolver doesn’t
support load balancing in lwres mode?

Thanks,

Nati