Zone transfer issue when using views

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Tue Aug 31 11:00:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

Am having a issue when transferring a zone from a Win2K8 server and receiving the error:

failed while receiving responses: unexpected error

Now I know why it is happening, just not how to cure it.  We have our primary business zones which are within a view and protected by ACLs. Our clients have their own views but also need to include the slaved Win2K8 domain. When BIND performs its transfers it attempts to pull across the Win2K8 slave for every view! this ends up in the journal being created by one view and then another attempting to overwrite it and getting a serial number mismatch.

How can I prevent this so only *our* view attempts the zone transfer ? the other zones should still be able to query the slave information though.
--
Thanks, Phil