NOTIFY logging problem

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Mon Feb 1 01:56:27 UTC 2010

On February 1, 2010 11:35:15 AM +1100 Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:
> You need to be looking a debug 3.
>
>         notify_log(notify->zone, ISC_LOG_DEBUG(3), "sending notify to %s",
>                    addrbuf);

ouch, debug 3 is probably way TMI.  I guess I'll just patch the above
to log at info.  Why isn't that the default anyway?  Seems to me that
you aren't likely to have "too many" servers and the "info" level is
already pretty verbose so you would expect (or at least *I* would expect)
to have that amount of information.

As it is, and I mean without turning on debug logging, I have to infer
what servers notify was sent to based on AXFR/IXFR requests.  (I try not
to trust looking at config files when debugging because you can't be sure
that the running config is the same as the on-disk config.)

Anyway thanks for the pointer, it looks trivial to update.

-frank