how to setup a local root nameserver?

fddi fddi at gmx.it
Mon Feb 1 23:50:56 UTC 2010

Hello,
I need to setup a local named configuration so that ANY request will be
resolved
to a specific single IP only.

I mean any kind of DNS resolutin request

www.luth.se
www.isc.org
www.anything.tld

should be resolved in 172.16.30.30 for example

I need this because I need to redirect users to a local web portal
authentication page and I need
to do it using DNS.

is there any kind of named configuration which can allow me to achieve
this result ?

I tryed hard but without any success

for example I tryed this:

in named.conf:

zone "." IN {
        type master;
        file "named.root";
};

then in named.root:

$TTL    86400
$ORIGIN .
@                       1D IN SOA       @ root (
                                        42              ; serial (d. adams)
                                        3H              ; refresh
                                        15M             ; retry
                                        1W              ; expiry
                                        1D )            ; minimum

                        1D IN NS        @
                        1D IN A         172.16.30.30

but it works only for   .
and not recursively for anydomain issued in the request.

thank you

Rick