Host/nslookup/dig queries wrong server

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Thu Feb 4 14:09:23 UTC 2010

I'm assuming you downloaded the ISC source rather than RedHat or CentOS.

RedHat back ports bug and security fixes from later BIND versions into
their BIND 9.3.6 implementation (which is why there is extra versioning
in their package names).   Since CentOS is built from RedHat source and
both RHEL5 and CentOS5 builds exhibit the bug it means the issue is in
the source.

Since OP indicated he has filed bug report with RedHat hopefully they'll
address it.  RedHat's BIND maintainer has responded in this list before
so hopefully he's seeing this thread.