multi master primary nameserver.

Robert Spangler mlists at zoominternet.net
Sat Feb 6 04:03:51 UTC 2010

On Friday 05 February 2010 17:41, fddi wrote:

>  Hello I wanted to ask how could be possible in some way
>  to have 2 or more multi master name servers authoritative for one domain,
>  instead of the classical master slave model.

Simple thing to do.  I have a test lab here that I did this in a few years
ago.  2 masters and 4 slaves.  The setup was simple.

Configure Master A to be a slave of Master B.  Configure Master B to be a
slave of Master A.  Configure all slaves whit both masters.  Depending on how
you setup the rest ensure that the Masters notify each other of updates.  Now
when Master B is updated it will update the slaves and Master A also.  Only
thing you have to watch out for is that only one zone on one master is being
updated at a time.

--

Regards
Robert