multi master primary nameserver.

Gordon A. Lang glang at goalex.com
Mon Feb 8 16:27:40 UTC 2010

Steinar Haug wrote:
>> >  Hello I wanted to ask how could be possible in some way
>> >  to have 2 or more multi master name servers authoritative for one
>> > domain,
>> >  instead of the classical master slave model.
>>
>> Simple thing to do.  I have a test lab here that I did this in a few
>> years
>> ago.  2 masters and 4 slaves.  The setup was simple.
>>
>> Configure Master A to be a slave of Master B.  Configure Master B to be a
>> slave of Master A.  Configure all slaves whit both masters.
>
> Or simply provision two or more masters identically, from a common
> database backend.

Given the subject line, I am surprised that dynamic dns isn't the
exclusive focus of this thread.

Did I recently hear correctly that some future version of BIND will
be supporting multi-master?

I know slaves can forward updates to masters, but can masters also
forward updates to other masters?  (I can look this up, but I'm
fishing for others to chime in with ideas for achieving master
redundancy with dynamic dns).

--
Gordon Lang