query (cache) 'xxxxxxxxxxxx/A/IN' denied

Riccardo Castellani ric.castellani at alice.it
Tue Feb 9 18:06:24 UTC 2010

I'm using Debian Sarge with Bind 9.5.1 for my DNS server and I'd like
understanding because my Fedora Core 3 client (machine A) is not able to
solve domains when it queries to this DNS server.
I can see this error on named.log of DNS server:

security: client A.B.C.D#yyyy : query (cache) 'xxxxxxxxxxxx/A/IN' denied

"allow-query" option contains machine A
"allow-recursion" option doesn't contain machine A

I'd like machine A could resolve only domains which DNS server has in cache
! It has not to do resursive queries !
If record is in cache, server gives answer otherwise it gives nxdomain !