named.exe terminated unexpectedly in Bind 9.5.0 for Windows 2000 server

Chandan Laskar Chandan.Laskar at itc.in
Mon Feb 15 10:55:23 UTC 2010

Dear All,

We are using ISC Bind 9.5.0 in Windows 2000 server with SP4 environment
for one of our DNS. After installation initially it was working fine but
last few days in a interval of 48 hours (approx) ISC Bind service
terminated unexpectedly. After observing the system log I found the below
mentioned error/warning messages:

"Application Popup: named.exe -Application error: The exception unknown
software exception (0xc0000017) occurred in the application at location
0x77fac57c"

and

" The ISC Bind service terminated unexpectedly"

I have also checked the application log, security log and DNS log of the
server but no error/warning has been observed.

Anybody please suggest me how to troubleshoot the issue ....as I am not
able to find any way to troubleshoot the problem. Is there any bug with
the mentioned Bind version???

Please help me.....

Thanks and regards,
Chandan Laskar
2nd Floor Data Center, ITC Center,
4, Russel Street, Kolkata - 700 016
Phone:(033)-40029000 Extn.: 3944
             (0)-9830057396 (M)

Can you avoid printing this?
Think of the environment before printing the email.
Please visit us at www.itcportal.com
This Communication is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient (s) and shall
not attach any liability on the originator or ITC Ltd./its Subsidiaries/its Group
Companies. If you are the addressee, the contents of this email are intended for your
use only and it shall not be forwarded to any third party, without first obtaining
written authorisation from the originator or ITC Ltd./its Subsidiaries/its Group
Companies. It may contain information which is confidential and legally privileged
and the same shall not be used or dealt with by any third party in any manner
whatsoever without the specific consent of ITC Ltd./its Subsidiaries/its Group
Companies.