Differences between 9.3 and later versions

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Feb 23 15:08:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 09:53:37AM -0500,
 jcarroll65 at cfl.rr.com <jcarroll65 at cfl.rr.com> wrote
 a message of 9 lines which said:

> However, whenever someone tries to nslookup (or dig) an external
> site (i.e. cnn.com) they get REFUSED. If I back down to the 9.3
> version all is well.

allow-query and allow-query-cache are obvious suspects. I wonder if,
at one moment between 9.3 and 9.7, allow-query switched to default "No
access except for localhost", for reasons explained in RFC 5358?
Anyway, check their current value and see also the log of named.