OpenDNS today announced it has adopted DNSCurve to secure DNS

Joe Baptista baptista at publicroot.org
Wed Feb 24 14:51:17 UTC 2010

reply below

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Evan Hunt <each at isc.org> wrote:

> > I humbly suggest Dr. Bernstein who is behind DNScurve thinks the IETF is
> > full of wackos. So it is unlikely he will ever be bothered to dance the
> > IETF RFC jig.
>
> Is there a requirement that Dr. Bernstein must personally do the dancing?
> Let someone else write the RFC, if it needs writing.

Someone else has written the RFC draft - which see http://bit.ly/b5mFkV

Looks like Matthew Dempsky and OpenDNS have taken the lead here.

> While the existence of an RFC isn't an absolute requirement for BIND to
> implement something, it certainly helps.  But what helps a lot more is
> evidence that the thing in question is getting widespread use, or that
> there's significant user demand for it.

Now there is. OpenDNS support of DNScurve means over 20 billion DNS queries
per day. I think thats enough evidence to get cracking and write the code.

> So far, we're not seeing either
> of those things with DNSCurve.

Were not seeing much of the same with DNSSEC.

Thats not the case with DNScurve. Again I stress - over 20 billion requests
per day at OpenDNS are DNScurve compatible.The traffic in DNSSEC is chicken
feed compared to DNScurve.

> When we do, I'll be happy to write the
> code.

It's happened - start writing.