9.4.3 oddities

Cathy Almond cathya at isc.org
Wed Jan 6 10:49:46 UTC 2010

Imri Zvik wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 January 2010 11:56:13 Cathy Almond wrote:
>> Do you use any of the following in your configuration:
>>
>> transfer-source
>> transfer-source-v6
>> notify-source
>> notify-source-v6
>> query-source
>> query-source-v6
>
> No :) my configuration is '*source*' free, And anyhow, even if I had it in my
> configuation, it still doesn't explain the 'rndc reconfig' oddity.

rndc reconfig runs through the configuration file again and revisits and
reapplies some of the internal resource decisions (such as buffer pool
sizes) that might have been reset by other later events in the life of
named.

That's what I think is possibly happening in your case - one potential
contributing factor being the configuration settings I suggested you
check for.  Somewhat obscure - sorry :-/