Resolving an internal IP address for a domain from an external DNS server?

Kaya Saman SamanKaya at netscape.net
Fri Jan 8 09:31:33 UTC 2010

Ok I think I've figured this out as I did a little test to change the IP
within the remote authoritative DNS server to 172.16.1.100.....

of course there is no machine at that IP address within my networks but
there was some address confusion as the DNS server had the same IP
address as the radio server!!!

Which is probably main reason for nothing resolving! Badly or poorly
designed network infrastructure on my behalf (at least this wasn't a
fully professional production environment otherwise I would loose my job
and be frowned at by the whole industry).

Time to change the local subnet for me!

Again apologies for poor description and messing up so poorly - just
hope that I haven't disgraced CCNA graduates too badly :-P

Thanks for all the attempted help!!!

Best regards,

Kaya