how do I get a slave to send NOTIFY messages?

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Sat Jan 30 03:11:43 UTC 2010

I have also-notify configured for a slave zone.  The real master is a
so-called stealth master and all other slaves must consult this slave
nameserver that has also-notify configured.

The slave doesn't appear to be sending NOTIFY messages to the also-notify
hosts.  zytrax does say that also-notify only applies to type master
servers however I can't find confirmation of that anywhere else.

Note that I do not want to send NOTIFY messages to the NS servers for the
zone, I want to send them to different servers.

thanks