Can I start multiple processes(named) in a server?

Alan Clegg aclegg at isc.org
Thu Jul 1 14:50:24 UTC 2010

On 7/1/2010 4:21 AM, ShanyiWan wrote:

> Multiple processes(named): Can I start multiple processes(named) in a
> server and each process can provide services normally? See
> information so that on the internet(I think this may be wrong).How
> can i do to maximize the ability of concurrent queries(named) ? All
> the name.conf is the same:

You can't have more than one process listening on the same
{address,port} at the same time, so no, you can't do what you are trying
to do in the way you are trying to do it.

What exactly is it that you want to gain?  From the above, it would seem
that you are looking for higher queries/second?

Based on my recollection, you aren't going to get high q/sec out of DLZ
due to the way it queries the database for every incoming query -- you
may want to put a layer of caching recursive servers in front of your
DLZ server, or run your DLZ server on a different set of ports and have
your "customer facing" bind cache responses from it.

AlanC