dnssec-lookaside auto and managed-keys-zone problem with certain views

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Jul 18 19:28:53 UTC 2010

On 18/07/2010 17:58:15, Evan Hunt wrote:
>> Is there a way of using dnssec-lookaside and forcing bind not to
>> maintain a managed-keys-zone for certain views?
>
> Sure, just do it the old way, without "dnssec-lookaside auto".
> Put these in the view statement:
>
>         dnssec-lookaside . trust-anchor dlv.isc.org;
>
>         trusted-keys {
>                 dlv.isc.org. 257 3 5 "BEAAAAPHMu/5onzrEE7z1egmhg/WPO0+juoZrW3euWEn4MxDCE1+lLy2 brhQv5rN32RKtMzX6Mj70jdzeND4XknW58dnJNPCxn8+jAGl2FZLK8t+ 1uq4W+nnA3qO2+DL+k6BD4mewMLbIYFwe0PG73Te9fZ2kJb56dhgMde5 ymX4BI/oQ+cAK50/xvJv00Frf8kw6ucMTwFlgPe+jnGxPPEmHAte/URk Y62ZfkLoBAADLHQ9IrS2tryAe7mbBZVcOwIeU/Rw/mRx/vwwMCTgNboM QKtUdvNXDrYJDSHZws3xiRXF1Rf+al9UmZfSav/4NWLKjHzpT59k/VSt TDN0YUuWrBNh";
>         };
>
> (Except, you know, get the key text from a secure channel or from the
> signed bind9 distribution, not from email...)

Well, it's a better work around than what I have been doing, but not
having the RFC 5011 behaviour is quite a disappointment.  Now I have
presentiments of disaster should the DLV key have to be rolled for
whatever reason.

Think I'll just drop the external-chaos view.  Some script kiddie
working out I'm running the latest version of bind is likely to be lower
risk and a lot less harmful than dealing with broken dnssec chains of trust.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3