No subject

Paul Vixie vixie at isc.org
Wed Jun 2 15:40:31 UTC 2010

Chris Thompson <cet1 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Nothing that I can see. Maybe dnsviz can't cope with multiple PTR
> records in an RRset, as your first case has? (On the other hand it
> handles multiple A records in forward zones OK.)

to be fair, multiple PTR RRs is something we added in BIND gethostbyaddr()
in more or less direct contravention to RFC 1034. if dnsviz doesn't handle
it (and i don't know if it doesn't) then it's not dnsviz's fault at all
since the DNS RFC's say that there will only be one PTR RR at an in-addr.
--
Paul Vixie
KI6YSY