problems resolving domains unser NSxx.DOMAINCONTROL.COM - this problem i have too! :(((((

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed Jun 23 09:23:51 UTC 2010

On 23.06.10 11:01, Erwin Lansing wrote:
> Right, unfortunately.  All is fine on a freshly reloaded bind, but after
> a while no answers are seen.  This is on Bind 9.4, 9.5 and 9.6.

how do you think ns33.domaincontrol.com. detects your freshly reloaded bind
to know when to answer and when not?

> # dig +dnssec @ns33.domaincontrol.com. replacementservices.com.
>
> ; <<>> DiG 9.6.1-P3 <<>> +dnssec @ns33.domaincontrol.com.
> replacementservices.com.
> ; (1 server found)
> ;; global options: +cmd

works for me, works for mark... the problem is apparently not on their side.
I have tried more times when reading this thread. I'm also curious where the
problem could be.

and, btw, your bind is _not_ involved when you use "dig @server"

> > Since you are not getting answers then there is a problem between
> > you and the nameservers in question and as just about every one
> > else is getting answers as well this puts the problem close to you.
> > i.e. Your network or your ISP's network.  Something on the path is
> > doing DPI tests and is rejecting the response.  Do you have a NAT
> > that does DPI?
>
> No firewall, DPI, NAT or any form of filtering involved on our side,
> direct peering with GLBX.

did you try to recheck? What's your MTU?

then used against you.