problems resolving domains unser NSxx.DOMAINCONTROL.COM - this problem i have too! :(((((

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 23 15:49:23 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 05:25:31PM +0200, Warren Kumari wrote:

> >> # dig +dnssec @ns33.domaincontrol.com. replacementservices.com.
> >
> > Since it's working quite okay for several locations on here, the
> > problem may be found somewhere in between sites.
> >
> > I personally don't get any failures with the dig statement from above
> > no matter how often I try.
> >

> <aol>
> Me neither! Me neither!
> </aol>
>
> I also goes through AboveNet.

A few more datapoints.  I tried from 4 different AS numbers, two in
Europe, two in the US, two routed via GLBX and two via above.  Only one
of them works (via Above).  I'm at a loss at finding similarities
between the non-working ones.

-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                       (o_ _o)       http://droso.org
Ceterum censeo                 \\\_\   /_///
Carthaginem esse delendam        <____) (____>    erwin at lansing.dk