Split View DNS

Christopher Howard Christopher-Howard at utc.edu
Thu Mar 11 15:16:27 UTC 2010

I tried this and noticed that the first view will IXFR the file from the
master, then the second view will try to IXFR and fail because the file
has already been updated.  Then the second view does a complete AXFR.  I
ended up with errors in the log file.  With busy DDNS zones the errors
were very plentiful.

I found it best to just have separate files for each view even if they
have the same information in them.  It works either way, just a personal
preference I guess.

-Christopher