T_ANY

Glenn English ghe at slsware.com
Sat Mar 20 16:27:50 UTC 2010

On Mar 20, 2010, at 10:12 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:

> Have you compiled qmail yourself?

Thanks, Florian, but it's fixed. The problem was that my PIX firewall's IDS blocks T_ANY queries by default, and Yahoo's qmail does T_ANY queries. I turned the block off in the PIX.

I'm told that qmail 'always' does that. But I know it doesn't because some mail from Yahoo has gotten through -- maybe not all Yahoo servers are qmail; maybe some have applied the patch you suggested; maybe there's an undocumented 'phase of the moon' var in the PIX' IDS. I don't know. Just why qmail reports a T_ANY failure as a CNAME failure, I also don't know.

--
Glenn English
ghe at slsware.com