BIND doesn't run on XP

Pedro Rafael Sánchez Aranda prsa_ego at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 18:34:13 UTC 2010

Hello, again,

First at all, thank you for your answers.

I'm sure that system is a WXP SP3, because of  I installed, and in 'System Properties' shows 'Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3', with console 'ver' command shows 'Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]' and with TweakUI of PowerToys for XP shows 'Compilation version 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.091208-2036 (Service Pack 3)'. But I omitted that system is a Spanish version. Can it affect?

What else should I check?
Does the system need any extra software?

Thanks,

Pedro R. Sánchez A.