Comprehension question to DDNS

Markus Feldmann feldmann_markus at gmx.de
Mon Mar 29 06:38:04 UTC 2010

Mark Andrews schrieb:
> You can do it either way or a mix.  Which way you do it depends on
> if you are assigning names or not.  If you want all the client
> machines to live in forward domains you choose then I would have
> the DHCP server update both the forward and reverse zones.  If you
> let the client machines choose their own name then they should be
> updating their own forward zones and the DHCP server updates the
> reverse zone.
>
> On the bind side you generate a TSIG key which you share with the
> DHCP server.  You then add allow-update clauses to the appropriate
> zones to say that if named receives a update signed with that key
> that it should accept it.
>
> e.g.
> 	key "dhcp-server-key" {
> 		algorithm "hmac-sha256";
> 		secret "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
> 	};
>
> 	zone "1.168.192.in-addr.arpa" {
> 		type master;
> 		allow-update { key dhcp-server-key; };
> 	};
>
> If the clients are updating the forward zone themselves then you
> can distribute TSIG keys or use SIG(0) to allow them to update their
> own records.  For this I would use the finer grain controls in
> update-policy.
>
> 	e.g.
> 	key "foo.example.com" {
> 		algorithm "hmac-sha256";
> 		secret "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
> 	};
>
> 	zone "example.com" {
> 		type master;
> 		allow-policy { grant *.example.com self . A AAAA; };
> 	};

Because my Clients have a fixed Name, the only way is that they have to
request a Forward-Update by themeselves?

Therefore i need the <allow-policy> statement, but without key on the
client? Is that not risky? And how do i have to modify
/etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf ?

Ok, and DHCP updates the Reverse-Zone automatically or when does he do
it? How will the Reverse-Zone Update be initiated in this case?

regards Markus

Do i have to give the