Reasonable setup of a dnssec aware recursive resolver

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Mon Mar 29 18:03:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 11:17 +0200, Mark Elkins wrote:
> I'm trying to come up with an interim solution for my ISP's DNS
> Recursive Resolver that is DNSSEC aware.
>
> My thoughts so far:-
> Use BIND 9.6.1-P3 (this is the latest version named that Gentoo Linux
> gives me).

Ouch! - bitten by the signing of ARPA....
 /etc/bind/named.conf.trust:225: configuring trusted key for 'ARPA.':
algorithm is unsupported.
-and-
* No specific action is requested of operators. This message is
* for your information only.
* The ARPA zone is about to be signed using DNSSEC. The technical
* parameters by which ARPA will be signed are as follows:
* KSK Algorithm and Size: 2048 bit RSA

I thought unrecognised algorithms were meant to be ignored?
Time to try Bind 9.7.0-P1 ??