Preparing for upcoming DNSSEC changes on 5/5

Alan Clegg aclegg at isc.org
Mon May 3 16:22:58 UTC 2010

On 5/3/2010 4:36 PM, Lightner, Jeff wrote:

> It sounds as if he read an article saying we have to implement DNSSEC on
> our DNS servers or we'll quit working on 5/5?  Is that the case?
>
> Also what is the drop dead date/time if so?  5/5 Midnight UTC?  Some
> other time?

You don't need to do anything more than be sure that you have a clean
network path.  There is nothing "to do" by 5/5 as long as the tests that
you say worked actually did work.

If you have additional information on "the article" that he read
implying that more needs to be done, please provide a link.

Thanks,
AlanC