Preparing for upcoming DNSSEC changes on 5/5

Peter Laws plaws at ou.edu
Mon May 3 20:28:59 UTC 2010

On 05/03/10 14:56, Kalman Feher wrote:

> You probably should. Your resolver is saying its capable of handling 4096,
> but apparently your network path may not support that. The changes on the

The network path to dns-oarc.net doesn't, but that doesn't really mean
anything.  To some resolvers, the path may support 4096 while to others it
is 591.  Who knows where the constriction is?

I still don't see the point of setting it to something *smaller* than the
default unless I knew for certain that MY stuff couldn't handle a larger
size.  12 of the 16 hops twixt here and there are far beyond my control
(and the other 4 only marginally :-).

Besides, we've seen one example where setting it smaller results in yet a
smaller result.

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
plaws at ou.edu