How to resign a signed zone

Alan Clegg aclegg at isc.org
Thu May 27 10:36:44 UTC 2010

On 5/27/2010 1:43 AM, rams wrote:

> How do we resign the  signed zone? What is the command to do the RESIGNING ?

Run dnssec-signzone on the signed zone file.  I recommend that you:

  mv example.com.signed example.com
  vi example.com
  dnssec-signzone example.com
  rndc reload example.com

Note that either the edit of example.com or the running of
dnssec-signzone you need to increment the serial number.  You also need
to make sure that you supply the same (or similar) arguments to
dnssec-signzone when you re-sign the data as you did to begin with...

Re-keying (roll-over, algorithm change, etc) is a different (unasked)
question that is significantly more complex.

AlanC