no. of Views and Zones

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Mon Nov 8 13:54:21 UTC 2010

You would NOT use a single zone for this.   Views are designed
specifically to control what is seen.  However, that control is mainly
done by acl's specifying which networks access which views.   Do you
assign specific subnets to each client?  If so you could do this with
views but processing needed to load dozens of views is not something I
can comment on as I think most people only do a couple.   (Here we do
only internal and external to differentiate what people on the internet
see as opposed to what people on our intranet see.)

What a single zone file can be used for is when you have multiple
domains that all point to the same IP address and have the same basic
information (e.g. domain A records, www A record, ftp A record, same MX
records and same DNS servers).   At that point you rely on your web
server to determine actual landing page based on the URL that got the
user there.