BIND View Option

Stéphanas Schaden stephanass at ctbc.com.br
Wed Nov 10 19:54:56 UTC 2010

Hi all,

we are in a situation here in our company that is: we need to send a
internal IP address in a answer of a query when the source is a specific IP.
So we created a new view and put the source address of this IP and
configured the internal zone file on this view and this is working well.
But, this same source address must resolve all the other entry’s that exist
today on this same zone using the external IP’s. We would not like to
replicate all the entry’s of the external zone file to the internal zone
file because in this model every time that we did change an entry on the
external zone file we will have to configure this same entry in the internal
zone file.

Is there a way or option to configure bind to do the following logic: If the
bind didn’t find a entry in a view 1 (internal view) it will search this
entry on the view 2 (external view) ?

Thank you very much.

Stéphanas Schaden

 <mailto:stephanass at ctbc.com.br> stephanass at ctbc.com.br