Best Practices Query Logging, On or Off ?

CT groups at obsd.us
Mon Nov 22 16:20:38 UTC 2010

On 11/22/2010 01:01 AM, Ben McGinnes wrote:
> On 22/11/10 5:05 PM, Doug Barton wrote:

>>> That just means they're running RHEL 5 or CentOS 5.  If they have a
>>> support contract with Red Hat, they may not be able to upgrade
>>> without forfeiting their support and/or certification.  That
>>> version will include back-ported security fixes.
>>
>> I get that actually. However it doesn't change my recommendation.
>> Even with security patches BIND 9.3 is past EOL, and incapable of
>> doing modern DNSSEC.
>
> Fair enough.  Red Hat probably need to find a middle ground for proper
> updates of certain essential packages, like BIND, while working within
> their upgrade path.  That, however, is a topic for another list.
>

> Regards,
> Ben

Yeah.. the "other guys" have to run RHEL..
Redhat only supports "their" version of bind..

I used to recompile SRC rpms.. until I went to the ISC class..
now I compile from source.. so so much simpler.. (once you have all the
permissions set)..

 >> - BIND 9.7.1-P2
 > Not the latest version, you should probably consider upgrading.
I haven't really read the change log yet... but most likely will

Charles