GSS-TSIG and Active Directory

Nicholas F Miller Nicholas.Miller at Colorado.EDU
Fri Oct 1 19:27:16 UTC 2010

YES!!!! Brilliant!!!! Thanks Rob.

I think it is working now. I have the update-policy setup as follows:

                grant dc1$@REALM wildcard * ANY;
                grant dc2$@REALM wildcard * ANY;
                grant dns_server$@REALM wildcard * ANY;
                deny REALM ms-self * SRV;
                grant REALM ms-self * ANY;

If I understand things correctly I am allowing the DCs and DNS server to update any record type in the domain and any subdomains. The clients are allowed to update any of their own records except SRV, MX and NS. Do I even need to deny NS for ms-self?

If it is truly working correctly, I wonder why I can't deny AAAA records. When I add AAAA to the deny statement it blocks A records as well. If try A6 it still allows AAAA records to be set by client machines.
Nicholas Miller, ITS, University of Colorado at Boulder