Force Bind caching resolver to always obey DNSSSEC

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Fri Oct 1 21:07:17 UTC 2010

Zitat von Alan Clegg <aclegg at isc.org>:

> On 10/1/2010 4:50 PM, lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de wrote:
>
>> Sorry for being unclear. We want the SERVFAIL as it should be for
>> invalid DNSSEC data *in all cases* eg. even if a client ask with the
>> cdflag (checking disable) set.
>
> CD means "don't check", so you can't by definition.
>
> AlanC

That i was afraid of. It's a pitty that there is no way to save the
downstream clients from stupid resolvers/downstream caches. At least
for security relevant settings there should be a possibility to
enforce the desired behaviour and not rely on the client. With the
older Bind 9.4 as resolver the result even stay in the cache and later
querys with "cdflag" not set deliever the invalid result until expired
:-(

Andreas