non-24 bit subnets

Matt Baxter mjb at fatpipe.org
Wed Oct 6 18:54:10 UTC 2010

For larger subnets just use multiple zones as necessary.

For 10.20.30.0/23 you have 30.20.10.in-addr.arpa and 31.20.10.in-addr.arpa.

For smaller than a /24 look at RFC 2317.  That's only necessary if you want to delegate authority to a different DNS server.  If you have multiple networks in a /24, all of the rDNS entries for those networks can exist in a single zone.

--
Matt Baxter
mjb at fatpipe.org