Multiple zones pointing to same zone file

John Wingenbach bind at wingenbach.org
Tue Oct 19 21:29:01 UTC 2010

  I know that per Mark Andrews that named does not support having
multiple zones pointing to the same zone file.  I can understand the
issue if named does not support it for a slave server.  What about for a
master server?  Are there any issues with named supporting that?

I would assume that whenever the zone file is changed, notifies for each
zone utilizing that file would be sent out.  Is that correct?  Does
named support that?  If not, are there any plans for named to support
having multiple zones utilizing the same zone file?

I would prefer to make sure that we are using named in a supported
fashion despite that it has been working this way. :)

-- John