no. of Views and Zones

J. Thomsen list at jth.net
Sun Oct 31 12:04:42 UTC 2010

Alans,

>Have 2 questions, is there any limitation (beside hardware) on number of
>views? I mean creating a view/customer?
>And is there any limitation for number of zones/view?

You cannot use views to group zones for customers.

I have recently on this list proposed an extension to the view concept to be able to do
this, but nobody has commented on this proposal.

Views are primarily used for cases, when IP-adresses are different e.g. internal addresses
versus external addresses depending on the client IP address looking up the zone data.

- Jørgen Thomsen