Unknown option 'managed-keys' - why?

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sun Oct 31 21:39:04 UTC 2010

> Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 19:21:55 -0200
> From: <alexander at nautae.eti.br>
> Sender: bind-users-bounces+oberman=es.net at lists.isc.org
>

> Hi.
>
> Excuse my English.
>
> And sorry if it's an stupid question.
>
> I'm trying to configure DNSSEC in my server.
>
> And after trying using Fedora 7 and CentOS 5, I'm still getting the error
> message "unknown option 'managed-keys'".
>
> I've checked in 'man named.conf' and I couldn't found the option.
>
> But despite that I think I'm doing something really stupid, but I can't
> find what.
>
> And, yes, I put that option into named.conf file, just below options
> block:
>
> options {
>     # some options here
> };
>
> managed-keys {
>     # my key
> };

> []s

What version of BIND in included in your Fedora? Last I looked, the
version was ancient. 9.3 or something similar.

You really need to update to 9.7.2-P2 as 9.7 is the first (and only) version
to support managed-keys. 9.3 does not really support dnssec at all, if
that is what you have. Useful DNSSEC shoed up somewhere in 9.6 and rally
became usable in 9.7.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)