2038 problem and BIND.

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Sep 20 15:31:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, Alan Clegg wrote:

> All signature expire times are in YYYYMMDDHHMMSS format in the zone data
> and are handled correctly as far as BIND deals with it.
>
> If your OS deals with the 2038 issue correctly, then BIND will as well.

RFC 4034 says that the signature validity times are unsigned 32 bit
whereas time_t is typically signed. The error that kalpesh varyani pointed
out looked to me like bind was treating the expiry time as signed 32 bit.

Tony.
HUMBER THAMES DOVER WIGHT PORTLAND: NORTH BACKING WEST OR NORTHWEST, 5 TO 7,
DECREASING 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 LATER IN HUMBER AND THAMES. MODERATE OR
ROUGH. RAIN THEN FAIR. GOOD.