repository for zone files

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Thu Sep 23 19:53:26 UTC 2010

  On AIX, I'm used to /etc/dns.  CentOS seems to place in /var/named.  Is there
any blessed, bestofallpossibleworlds place for the zone files.  I'm moving our
DNS from from AIX to CentOS/Fedora.  I'm inclined to create the /etc/dns dir but
maybe it'd be better to put it in /var/named.....Comments, brickbats?
--
"One must think like a hero to behave like a merely decent human being." - May
Sarton Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Bard College, New York 12504