9.8.0 in 2008 R2 x64 server

Jukka Pakkanen jukka.pakkanen at qnet.fi
Tue Apr 5 20:44:22 UTC 2011

I'm moving one of our DNS servers (Win 2003 R2, v9.7.0) to a new 2008 R2
x64 server.

After installing v9.8.0 I copied the /etc directory & subdirectories,
the named user has full rights in relevant directories and "log on as a
service" rights... still I get the following error in eventviewer when
trying to start the service:

"none:0: open: C:\Windows\system32\dns\etc\named.conf: file not found"

Any ideas?  The named.conf file IS there, and the directories/datafiles
are identical to our old, working server.  Tested with "administator" as
the user as well, same problem.